Thursday 8 February 2007

Have a Laugh with Little Balgobin...

TEACHER: Balgobin, why are you doing your math sums on the floor? Balgobin: You tell me to do it without using tables!

TEACHER: Balgobin why are you late? Balgobin: Because of the sign. TEACHER: What sign? Balgobin: The one that says, "School Ahead, Go Slow."

Balgobin, how do you spell "crocodile"? Balgobin: "K-R-O-K-O-D-A-I-L" TEACHER: No, that's wrong Balgobin: Maybe. If yuh seh so. But you ask me how I spell it!

TEACHER: Balgobin, go to the map and find Guyana. Balgobin: Here it is! TEACHER: Correct. Now, class, who discovered Guyana? CLASS: Balgobin!

Balgobin, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago. Balgobin: Me!

TEACHER: Balgobin, give me a sentence starting with "I." Balgobin: I is... TEACHER: No, no, Balgobin. Always say, "I am." Balgobin: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."

TEACHER: "Can anybody give an example of COINCIDENCE?" Balgobin: "Sir, my mother and father got married on the same day, and at the same time."

TEACHER: Now, Balgobin, tell me frankly do you say prayers before eating? Balgobin: No sir, I don't have to, my mom is a good cook.

THE TEACHER wrote 10.9 on the blackboard and had then rubbed out the decimal point to show the effect of multiplying this number by ten. "Balgobin," the teacher asked, "where is the decimal point now?" Balgobin - On the eraser!"

The kindergarten class had a homework assignment to find out about something exciting and relate it to the class the next day. When the time came for the little kids to give their reports, the teacher was calling on them one at a time.She was reluctant to call on little Balgobin, knowing that he sometimes could be a bit crude. But, eventually, his turn came.... Little Balgobin walked up to the front of the class and, with a piece of chalk, made a small white dot on the blackboard, then sat back down. Well, the teacher couldn't figure out what Balgobin had in mind for his report on something exciting, so she asked him just what that was. "It's a period," reported Balgobin. "Well, I can see that," she said, "but what's so exciting about a period?" "Me nah know", said Balgobin, "but, this morning, me sister say she miss one. Me Daddy get a heart attack. Me mother faint. And the next ting we know, the man next door shoot he self!"

Finding little Balgobin making faces at others on the playground, Ms. Sita stopped to gently reprove the child. Smiling sweetly, the school teacher said, "Balgobin, when I was a child, I was told if that I made ugly faces, it would freeze and I would stay like that."
Balgobin looked up, shook his head and replied, "Well, Ms Sita, you can't say nobody didn't warn yuh. You should have listened!"

From Preeta in Florida

No comments: